Dear visitor of my website, reader of my blog and/or purchaser of my products,
On this page, I would like to inform you of how I handle privacy issues, and how I am compliant with the GDPR. (The General Data Protection Regulation is a legal framework that requires businesses to protect the personal data and privacy of European Union (EU) citizens for transactions that occur within EU member states.)
My website is here to inspire you on your creative ventures, and it is also my business. I am making a living out of it, through selling my online courses. In order to do so, I use email marketing via Mailchimp.
I am creating a lot of free content, like workbooks, cheat sheets and art cards, that you can find in my free library. If you opt-in for that, you will receive my newsletter. I will not bombard you with e-mails, and I always hope to inspire and inform you with my articles. I also will mention my products every once in a while, since selling my products is one of my business goals.
I also offer a free video series, to introduce you to my online course ‘The Joy of Collage Making’. This series is meant to inspire you to start collage making, and it is also meant as a way of marketing my course. If you opt-in for that series, you will receive three e-mails with the video’s and five promotional emails afterward. You can always opt out from them any time. If you subscribe to my video series, you will also receive my newsletter. If you don’t want to receive that newsletter anymore, you can also opt out any time.
When you opt in for the video series, and you buy my online course within 8 days, you receive five bonuses. These are incentives to buy my course within that time frame. After those 8 days, you will still be able to purchase my course, but then without the bonuses – you will be automatically sent to a sales page without the bonuses, and not be able to enter the sales page with the bonuses again. In order to show you how many time there is still left until the bonuses expire, I use an evergreen countdown timer, which tracks your browsing and clicking information.
In order to market my online courses, I use Instagram Marketing. To be able to target my advertisements well, and to measure how effective my marketing is, I allow Instagram to keep track of your browsing history on my website. Because of this, the chances are bigger that you will see my advertisements through Instagram Stories ads.
For my online courses, I make use of the Teachable platform. Also the course sales page is hosted on Teachable. Teachable is able to track your browsing history, which makes it possible for me target my marketing better. This means that if you browse my course sales page, chances are that my advertisements will pop up in your Instagram Stories ads.
I also make use of affiliate marketing. That means that I mention products, that I fully believe in and use myself, on this website. If you click the link that I added to these products, and you happen to purchase them, I get a commission, of course at no extra cost for you.
Thank you for visiting my website!
Collection of your Personal Information The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections and other things that identify you. We collect personal information from you at the certain points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
- when you visit our website;
- when you register as an end-user of our services and an account is created for you;
- when you contact us for help;
- when you attend our customer conferences or webinars; and
- when the site sends us error reports or application analytics data.
Our Use of your Personal Information Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other websites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business;
- transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- we may provide your information to our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf or who help us provide and support our Services. For example, if it is necessary to provide you something you have requested. Examples of our Vendors and Service Providers include payment processors, hosting services and content delivery services, such as Teachable, Google and Mailchimp.
- third party contractors may have access to our databases. Usually these contractors sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- we may share your data with any parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, other entities under a common control or third-party acquirers. We expect these other entities will honor this Privacy Statement;
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and
- sometimes, we share your information with our third-party Service Providers,
- we may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in our Promotions is completely voluntary. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer Our Promotions. We may also, unless prohibited by the Promotion’s rules or law, use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our Services. We may share this information with our affiliates and other organizations or Service Providers in line with this policy and the rules posted for the Promotion.
- other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
- We have public blogs on our Website. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us email@example.com or click the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of every email.
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, these features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves.
Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information Our Company uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between our Company and other companies to help ensure its security. This site has security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Also, if this website contains links to other sites, our Company is not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites.
- Web Beacons. Our Company and third parties may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. These “web beacons” may be used to deliver cookies that conform to our Company’s cookie requirements.
- We may create links to other websites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by our Company may have links leading to our site. Our Company cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since this website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
- Our Company websites may use third parties to present or serve the advertisements that you may see at its web pages and to conduct research about the advertisements and web usage. This Privacy Statement does not cover any use of information that such third parties may have collected from you or the methods used by the third parties to collect that information.
Our Retention of your Personal Information We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your Right to Opt-Out or Unsubscribe from Communication
If you do not want to receive communication from us in the future, please let us know by sending us e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you supply us with your postal address online, you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
International Transfers of your Personal Information Information collected from you may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which our Company or agents or contractors maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. European Union or Swiss individuals may refer to the Privacy Shield statement with regard to the transfer of their personal data. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. Merchants and Partners
The GDPR also applies to the merchants and partners of Simone Nijboer who operate in the EU/EEA (European Union/European Economic Area) or Switzerland and offer goods or services to residents of the EU/EEA or Switzerland. While Simone Nijboer | ArtNow is performing action to be compliant with GDPR, and to provide its merchants with tools to help its merchants comply, each merchant is ultimately responsible for ensuring that their business complies with the laws of the jurisdictions in which they operate or have buyers. Using Simone Nijboer | ArtNow does not guarantee that a merchant or partner complies with GDPR.
Merchants and Partners Access to and Updating or Deletion of your Personal Information The GDPR also gives certain rights to identified or identifiable persons (referred to as data subjects), including Simone Nijboer | ArtNow merchants. These include the right to request at no cost;
- Deletion of personal data
- Correction of their data
- Access to their data
- An export of their data in a portable format
The GDPR also gives certain rights to identified or identifiable persons (referred to as data subjects), including buyers visiting stores belonging to Simone Nijboer ArtNow merchants. These include the right to request;
- Deletion of personal data
- Correction of their data
- Access to their data
- An export of their data in a portable format
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Changes to our Privacy Statement Our Company may amend this Privacy Statement at any time by posting a new version. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Statement periodically as your continued use of this website represents your agreement with the then-current Privacy Statement.
Contacting Us If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices or concerns of this site, or feel that the site is not following its said policy, please contact us at: email@example.com
Privacy Shield Statement
Simone Nijboer | ArtNow complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
“Personal Data” means information that (1) is transferred from the EU/EEA or Switzerland to the United States; (2) is recorded in any form; (3) is about or pertains to a specific individual; and (4) can be linked to that individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or that concerns an individual’s health. B) Principles
Simone Nijboer ArtNow may receive Personal Data from its own personnel as well as from its affiliates and other parties located in the EU/EEA. Such information may contain names, addresses, email addresses and payment information and may be about customers, clients of customers, business partners, consultants, employees, and candidates for employment and includes information recorded on various media as well as electronic data.
Other than its own human resources data, Simone Nijboer | ArtNow generally does not collect Personal Data directly from individuals. Simone Nijboer | ArtNow, however, acting as a data processor may receive Personal Data via its customers.
Personal Data Collection Principles:
- We shall inform an individual of the purpose for which we collect and use their Personal Data and the types of third parties to which our Company discloses or may disclose that Personal Data. Our Company shall provide the individual with the choice and means for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Data. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal Data to our Company, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before our Company uses or discloses the Personal Data for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected. Simone Nijboer | ArtNow may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. 2. Individuals have the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their Personal Data is (1) to be disclosed to a non-Agent third party or (2) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual by contacting our privacy officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Agents, technology vendors and/or contractors of Simone Nijboer | ArtNow or its affiliates may have access to an individual’s Personal Data on a need to know basis for the purpose of performing services on behalf of Simone Nijboer | ArtNow or providing or enabling elements of the services. All such agents, technology vendors and contractors who have access to such information are contractually required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing or as otherwise required by law. 3. Accountability for Onward Transfer. Prior to disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we shall notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice (opt out) of such disclosure. We will:
- Limit the data you share with your partners and vendors to only that data you have permission to share.
- Proactively confirm that your partners and vendors understand purpose limitations.
- Ensure partners and vendors will make reasonable efforts to comply with the purpose limitation and appropriate protection of that data.
- Ascertain that the agent is obligated to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Principles.
- Take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the agent effectively processes the personal information transferred in a manner consistent with the organization’s obligations under the Principles.
EU DPA Contact:
https://ec.europa.eu/info/departments/justice-and-consumers_en#contact Phone number+32 2 299 11 11 (Commission switchboard) Postal address: Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers
European Commission 1049 Bruxelles/Brussel Belgium
https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/links/data-protection—swi tzerland.html Data Protection and Information Commissioner of Switzerland Tell. +41 58 462 43 95; Fax +41 58 462 99 96 Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through any of the above channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
- C) Amendments
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with the requirements of the Shield Frameworks. We will post any revised policy on this website. D) Information Subject to Other Policies
We are committed to following the Principles for all Personal Data within the scope of the Privacy Shield Frameworks. We are committed to following the Principles for all Personal Data within the scope of the Privacy Shield Frameworks. However, certain information is subject to policies of Simone Nijboer | ArtNow that may differ in some respects from the general policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Updated: November 29, 2018
© Simone Nijboer | ArtNow. All Rights Reserved.
Vleuten, the Netherlands